


Photo courtesy of Nokia 6--- (I can't remember my phone's model), anyway, the lighting's bad and the background is pathetic. Was trying to kill time while waiting for sisters.-yawns-
Balloon Extravaganza was fantastic. This is my first time stripping in front of the ENTIRE shopping mall, and it's mye first time getting dressed right smack in the middle of the entire shopping mall with people WATCHING from ALL levels.
DIGRESS: The other time I had so many people fussing over me was during my haircut at Shunji where I had 2 hairdressers blowing my hair.
This time round I had like 2-3 people trying to dress me from head to toe, yeah, some sort similar to Fireworks Fest. But at least we were dressed in secret room right? But this time round I had a skirt! Okayokay, the pictures aren't out yet. Waiting for Uncle Liu (the photographer) to mail it to us. And the funniest part this time is, EVEN when I'm getting dressed, people just had to snap pictures of us dressing. Talk about living the life of a model/star. HAH, dream on. I'm just a girl being paid 1% of a model's price. Oh, how much is a model being paid huh?
The first 2 hours were crazy, snapping photos (not as crazy as Fireworks Fest though). Next 3 hours, mundane, practically STOOD and WATCHED the performances while being fed drinks and fruits (greatest appreciation to Ray). Last hour was FUN! Me, Kitty and Stephy were bugging the balloon artistes to make us balloons! The 3 of us practically fought for the balloons! Kitty had an apple with a worm squirming out (made by Gabriel). She also had a bouquet of tulips with stars and dangles and ning nongs (this one made by Ming Choon). Stephy requested for a Daffy duck and she got it! She also gotten a rose from Gabriel! This lady called Sharon made me a Pink Panther! I bugged Moses to pluck me a ladybug from the sets, and he really plucked it and made a wristband for me!
Now, Jess was the only kid in the bunch of us (the girls and the artistes), and she had the priviledge of getting herself a pacifire made! She was dang happy, and at this point, kids behind me were all asking if they were giving balloons free. I was at a lost on what to answer and plainly smiled at them.
The event manager gave me like 2 goodiebags and 2 tubes of Vitagen? They're so so so so nice la! I mean can you imagine the amount of stuff we had to lug home? The massive amount of balloon sculptures they gave, the multiple wristbands, the goodiebags, the vitagens, and on top of that, our own bags! They even bought McDee's Green Tea for us! How sweet are they! =) I feel so blessed working with them. They are REALLY REALLY nice people.
Yup, my parents and Jess were there to wait for me. They were there from 2pm-6pm, watching every single performance, and waiting for me to end. Sweet aren't they? =) Had dinner at the foodcourt (Level 4), the food's dope. Trust me, dope. They've got the weirdest food there, the coolest desserts there, and the sleekest chairs there. Go give that food court a try, you'd definitely wanna return there again.
I hope Stephy and Kitty enjoyed themselves. I'm glad I've roped them in to work with me, pleasant experience. =) Very pleasant. I'll never forget the memories, especially the first few hours and the last hour. =D In the middle was really quite crap la, with people tugging at my balloons and asking me STUPID questions.
David wants us to learn how to perform the 'Girl in Balloon' act. It seems that a 7-8 mins performance can fetch me $350. Good money? Definitely good money. All I needta do is to learn how to get into a god damn balloon, and swirl some streamers/do some dumb ass drama in it. Simple shit. Good money. The HIGHEST price a dance lecturer (the term lecturer is for HIGH CLASS teachers of the HIGHEST level) can fetch is about $300 ONE HOUR. While this dumb 'Girl in Balloon' thing fetches $350 for 7-8 mins? Tell me it's easy shit. Yeah, David said that there'll be a lot of performances in Nov and Dec, so he wants us to learn from them as soon as possible. =) YAY. Till I muster, heh.
Headed to Suntec's Food Exhibit right after. FWAH, boring, lousy, pathetic. That's all I gotta say.
Waited for Jill and Jo to finish work and left town at 11pm. Long day! =(
MSW and PA Modern Dance class tomorrow.
Till then,
Jamie.

No comments:
Post a Comment