Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A day after ASEAN SUMMIT GALA DINNER 2007

Alas! I'm back! Friggin busy with the Asean Summit Gala Dinner. I'm happy as I've performed for so many heads of states, and also, I'm happy that I performed with my closest NAFA classmates, nicest NAFA seniors, a cool bunch of theatre professionals (George, Darren, Emma, Denise, Robin, Jessea, and more whose names I forgot), a really cool Singapore Pop Orchestra (with a friggin cute flutist a.k.a Mr NAFA Hey!Gorgeous a.k.a Pri Sch mate a.k.a Mom's no.1 patient fan) and not forgetting, getting a chance to work with Dick Lee, Fan Dong Kai, and NAFA's very own Albert Tiong.

As this is the 200th post, I really wanted to give you guys some pretty pictures from this event to celebrate (what lame reason). But, I guess you must have realised, as the Asean summit Gala dinner is a national event with super high security, I'm really sorry and sad to say, I've gotten NO pictures at all. My Nasi Lemak dinner was eaten up by the guard dogs during the bomb check. MY FRIED CHICKEN WAS GONE AND ALL THE RICE WAS SPILT ON THE FLOOR! -pouts-

This time, I did the opening number with my Taufik Batisah and another item with young singing prodigy Julia Roman Abueva (Dick Lee's hot fave) who was the only singer who had cheers from the head of states. An eleven year old wowing the crowd, cool stuff! I've just tried googling her and OMG, she has sung for so many huge international events all over the world!

This is a short writeup on her when she performed for 'Children's letters to God' (a year ago).

Julia Roman-Abueva (role: Iris)

This precocious 10 year old is no newcomer to the stage. Julia started performing professionally at the tender age of 7, and has to her credit almost 200 singing performances in Philippines and in Singapore; several TV and print endorsements and appearances. What is more noteworthy is being invited twice to perform at the Istana attended by Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and President S.R. Nathan. Julia is also proud having performed with Philippine artists like Monique Wilson, Martin Nievera and Tony Award Winner Lea Salonga, and more recently opening and closing the 2005 SEA (South East Asian) Games held in Manila.She is excited about playing Iris and can empathize with her character because she too is in love with her pet – a beagle named George. Julia is a 4th grader at the Singapore American School.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-uMMEggf3I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64rQaoASn6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYtFcfi1LE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6riEttImdRw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA1GZ1H_wVg

I totally didn't plan blogging about her la. But now once I start, I can't stop! She's definitely my idol! I'm her number one fan! And I'm really happy I get to dance a short solo next to my new found idol! AHHH!!!! I also got to dance short solo besides Taufik! AHHHHH!! I'm happy I got to know Julia better, and I hope I get another chance to work with her again or at least see her again or at least chat up with her again! =) Forgotten to take her contact though. =(

But I guess that's all for the happy part now. =**(

The sad thing about this whole Asean Summit Gala Dinner performance is, it is my last dance performance and I won't get to perform with the others for the next few years. Sigh. Also, it marks the end of my dance career. (At least for now.) I really really wanna go back to the dance field once I finish my flying duties. I really hope I still do get back all the lessons, contracts and opportunities that I've rejected recently.

Life's really weird. Just when I feel that my dance career is going way too slow for me to earn the bucks and the life's getting slightly too mundane for me, just when I decided to call it quits and go into my so called another dream, everything just comes. The yearly contracts being offered by new schools that wishes to sign me up, the contracts that professional dance schools are offering me, the performances that has been offered by some choreographers, the classes that both of my current companies wish for me to take. Sigh, it sounds all too good to be true. But somehow or rather, I know I cannot have the best of both worlds. Given all these opportunities, I really wish to return to the dance world and call off my contract. But something in me is telling me to go for it or else I'd regret it.

At the back of my mind, I really wanna say yes to all these opportunities that is being thrown at me. But I really have no idea why my mouth says no to all of them. I guess it's because everything in life has been planned for me and God is trying to tell me something. All these challenges seem to make me stronger as a person, though it really puts me in an ultimate fix most of the time. =(

Anyway, on a chirpier note, my birthday party's venue has been booked and fixed! Aunt Di called last minute to tell me she booked the chalet for my birthday because the chalet for Chloe's birthday has been fully booked and she felt it was only right if we could at least hold one birthday party at the chalet! Yay! Means swimming, stayovers, bowling, barbeque, loads more! YAY!!

Erm, suddenly I lost the sense to type out something logical here.

Random: I think Rit is cute! But too bad, he's a lil boy. And a too quiet one too. And he smiles at Leia more than he smiles at me. Dang.

Love,
Jams.

No comments: