Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Home sitting, baby sitting, whichever preferable.


Yeah man! I'm stuck home on the last day of my off day for the month! Shiatssss!


Ha nah, I had to baby sit little Jess. Jess bugs me to cook for her every hour. She claims she loves my cooking when all I ever cook for her = fried scrambled eggs, instant noodles, fried eggs with noodles, and noodles with fried eggs. That's enough to make her melt at my cooking. Ah hah!


Of course, being the lazy me, all I could say was, 'w-a-i-t', and more 'w-a-i-t's. And each time I tell that lil one to 'w-a-i-t', she really waits super patiently for me to finish pokin at my friendster and chattin on msn.


And tadah! When the meal was whipped up, that imp finished 3 fried scrambled eggs and 1 slice of bread at the very instant! Scary! That was what I ate when I was 8-10 yrs old! Not 5! So Jess commented that her nanny complains she eats too slowly. Being the inquisitive me, I asked Jess why she walloped that 3 eggs and bread slice in an instant. All she said was, "You keep making me wait, of course I wait until I very very hungry la!"


-guilty-


-very guilty-


Poor little one. But at least that was a good tactic for her to finish her food quickly right! Right, excuses and more excuses.

I managed to coax and trick her into taking her afternoon nap, which allowed me to catch 3 hours worth of sleep. Shiokadoozdooz.

Ask me how I did it, quick, aren't you curious?


I told her I'd set alarm. When the alarm rings, we'd head down to the playground and wait for Mommy's return.


So dear one woke up 3 hrs later, disappointed that NO alarm went off, and irritated that she was covered in a pool of sweat.


And now I had to come up with more lies and excuses to refrain her from going down to the playground. Like hey! I hate the playground! I'm 21 and I need a life! I don't wanna get stuck in a playground full of indonesian maids and lil kids fighting to show off who has larger feet sizes and bigger nonexistant breasts!!!


Okay, I had to try ACTING like an adult for once since I'm looking after a kid. I'm not that bitchy afterall, I swear. =)


And so I continued jabbin on my keyboard trying to upload pics in case my com dies again, and Jess continues buggin' me about the playground.


I came up with more than 101 excuses and 202 different stories to pacify her. Apparently nothing worked, so all I could say was, 'w-a-i-t'. Jess takes my 'w-a-i-t' very seriously and thus she continues waiting.


-1 more hour passed-


"Da jie! Why when you ask me to (she spells it out) 'w-a-i-t', I really 'w-a-i-t' very patiently. But now I say 'n-o-w' why you never 'n-o-w'! Is there a difference between 'w-a-i-t' and 'n-o-w'? Since I can 'w-a-i-t', why can't you 'n-o-w'? Tell me! 'n-o-w'!"


You see, taking care of kids at home is more than a physical torture (from cooking), but a mental torture!


Hallelujah!

No comments: